Creating a checklist is helpful for you whether you’re shopping for a product or doing some projects. Your checklist makes the whole process more organized and ensure you haven’t forgotten anything. This is also the same in getting the best web hosting for your website.
Most people who look for web hosts tend to look at numerous factors as they shop for webhosts. The problem is they tend to leave other important details behind, causing problems on their projects or websites in the long run. If you’re looking for the best web hosting, include the following on your checklist to ensure your website’s success.
Set Plan Features category
Plan features include several essentials that you check in a hosting plan:
- Unlimited disk space
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited parked domains
- Unlimited email accounts
- Unlimited domain hosting
Sever and site management features
The checklist part stated above discusses the features server offers to you. That’s why it includes details on servers and their capacity. In this part of the checklist, you need to check specific platforms used for management your server, database and website files. Include these elements:
- PHP hosting. Your PHP files and related programs need hosting space. Be sure your chosen plan has this service or check if you can get them at added prices.
- MySQL database. This platform is required for creating, managing, editing and deleting databases. To make your website management easier, ensure that the plan has this added solution.
- Control panel. Control panel works just like the control panel on your computer. Check if the best web hosting you’re considering has cPanel or other reliable control panel platforms.
- File manager. File duplication and monitoring is vital for your website. File manager makes duplication easier, promoting efficiency in managing your invested page.
- FTP access. FTP allows you to upload files to your server in a convenient manner. Whether you’re uploading in bulk or not, this access is another crucial feature that should be a part of your package.
- One-stop installation platform. Your page requires several scripts and you need to find a simple to use installer that installs all your needed scripts on the server and site. Fantastico is just one of these installers, but you can still find a lot of available add ons online.
You will commonly find similar features among web hosts and you need to keep these points in mind once you’re ready to choose for the best web hosting for your needs.
Remember that price is a tricky part of this checklist. You may tend to go with the cheapest ones in the market, but this procedure is not recommended. Super affordable rates may include a catch that may cause problems in the future. Be careful in comparing service providers to ensure your site’s success.
The best web hosting service for your site is just around the corner. Use these elements in building your checklist as you search for the right hosting services for your needs.